Singxer SU-1 — новый USB конвертер, «на порядок» лучше Berkeley Alpha USB

Наши обзоры

Обзор от @GARRI

Об устройстве

Представляю Вашему вниманию интересный транспорт, исходя из некоторых отзывов на headfi не уступающий Berkeley Alpha USB, некоторые утверждают, что превосходящий.

Singxer SU-1

Technical features

• Latest XMOS, xCORE - 200 series for USB digital interface which doubles in processing MIPS achieving 1000 MIPS as compared to the old XMOS chip that was commonly used.
  • Unique High-speed isolation design to complete isolating the noise between PC and SU-1. It adopted a special circuit design, using high-speed CPLD/FPGA for digital audio signal reconstruction.
  • SU-1 uses two expensive audio -level low jitters clocks (Femtosecond clock) CCHD - 575 from Crystek.
  • Five independent power supplies for all major digital parts, including ADI ultra low noise regulator driving the Crystek CCHD clock.
  • Four-layer high speed digital PCB design with impedance matched and separate ground plane and power supply layer.

Итак сайт производителя SU-1 XMOS USB Audio Bridge - 广州声仕电子有限公司

Существует облегченная версия платы Sigxer F-1 при цене от 180$
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/singxer-f-1-xmos-usb-digital-interface-board-xu208-chip-high-end-u8-upgraded-version.html

Спецификация

Each output interface supports sampling rates:
PCM:
44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,
176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz
(I2S support all sampling rate,S/PDIF support upper to 192KHz

DSD:
2.8 MHz (DSD64)-DoP, native
5.6 MHz (DSD128)-DoP, native
11.2 MHz (DSD256)-native
(I2S output support all DSD,S/PDIF,AES/EBU support DSD64 DOP mode)

Bits width:
the highest 32 bit over I2S output
The highest 24 bit over S/PDIF

Each interface electrical standards:
1.USB input socket is a standard USB-B type socket, USB power supply range 4.5V-5.1V;
2.RCA connector outputs standard S/PDIF signal,electrical level is 550mV (standard connection load),the output impedance of 75 ohms.
3.Power suppply input is AC 115V/230V,using TALEMA transformer.

Dimensions of this unit :

the dimensions of this unit: 238MM * 170MM * 46MM, not including the height of the machine foot and the rear of the chassis .

N.W. about: 1.8KG.

Отзывы

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803111/xmos-xu208-usb-bridges-the-latest-gen-has-arrived/105
Well - Does the PUC2 better the Berkeley??? Wow! If so I would use some logic and say the F-1 (well fed) would just crush the Berkeley!!!

Of course this is all system dependent - but at least in mine the F-1 is heads over the PUC2 and the Pro3a.

So far no threads on CA about the F-1, X-1 or even the XMOS XU208 - interesting for a computer audio blog to not have this on their radar - at least a discussion.

Подробный обзор и сравнение с Berkeley Alpha USB http://www.head-fi.org/products/singxer-su-1-usb-bridge/reviews/16649

The Singxer, to my ears, is very competitive with the Alpha USB. I listened back and forth for quite some time, to the point where it became downright tedious, and still don’t feel confident in judging which one is best. The conclusion I came to? If there is a difference, it’s very small, and certainly not worth the extra cash you’ll spend to get it. This is kind of a big deal since the Berkeley has been widely accepted as top dog for some time now. To get a similar, possibly identical level of performance for so much less money is almost hard to believe - but that’s the way I hear it.

Давайте разбираться вместе. Возможно у кого-то появится плата F-1 или сам транспорт, о своих впечатлениях и сравнениях пишите сюда.

6 лайков

Как я понял это USB конвертор, почему транспорт? Вроде транспортами привыкли называть стриммеры -источники?

From CA forum:
My DAC is Bel Canto DAC 3.7 without USB In, so using a USB (or ethernet) to SPDiff convert is a must for me.
I tried many USB converters but I decided to use Bel Canto ref Stream (Ethernet rendered) because this solution has proved to be clearly superior to every other USB to SPDiff converters I have tried before.

So how the SU1 works compared to Bel Canto Ref Stream?
I was very impressed by what I discovered.
- Test #1
I’m usually use my Mac Book Pro (late 2011) for audio with both Audirvana + or Linn controller with minim server and Bubble upnp on my Qnap NAS.
So the first test was made comparing these two different configurations:
A. Mac Book Pro with Audiorvana + to Singxer SU1 (Oyaide continental) to Bel Canto 3.7 (Oyaide coaxial BNC).
B. Mac Book Pro with Linn Kazoo controller to Bel Canto Ref Stream (LAN network with In-akustik CAT6 Premium cable and GISO DS ethernet isolator) .

The test results showed no significant differences, the two system was sounding so close that was difficult to identify them.
This was the first time that an USB converter was comparable to my network reference, that by the way costs much more than the SU-1 ($2,495 Vs $399,00).

Last week I read your review and I was intrigued to try XMOS Windows ASIO drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.
I have downloaded the SU-1 package from Kitsune HiFi that includes drivers.

- Test #2
A. Mac Book Pro with Linn Kazoo controller to Bel Canto Ref Stream (LAN network with In-akustik CAT6 Premium cable and GISO DS ethernet isolator).
B. Dell XPS 13 with Foobar (XMOS Asio Drivers) to Singxer SU1 (Oyaide continental) to Bel Canto 3.7 (Oyaide coaxial BNC).
The first thing I said was “WOW !!!”.

Witht the XMOS drivers in place (for sure also different software and different computer) the Singxer SU-1 was beating the streamer by far.
More transparency, more details and more tree dimensional soundstage. The difference was not subtle - I can not go back.
_I must also mention that while I was using the Ethernet GISO isolator on the streamer, no kind of USB purifiers has been used with the SU-1. So I think there may be room for further improvement.

P.S. For those of you jumping on the Holo Audio/Singxer solution, a note of possible incompatibility, and a solution. My Singxer was shipped with XMOS firmware V2.02 (not driver number, firmware number). When playing DSD via I2S I discovered that the DSD channels were reversed, but not PCM… If one is using a product like JRIver this is easily solved: switch your dac to preamp interconnect leads and tell JRiver to swap your PCM channels in DSP. Since JRIver does no DSP in DSD all is well. However, for HQPlayer users (and for purity sake) I am not comfortable with that work around. After chatting with Leter from Singxer I was given a slightly earlier V2.00 firmware to install, and now all is well.

После “всехпровущих” Эделей я полон здорового пессимизма. Мне тоже обещали что Эдель легко рвет Беркли на мелкие клочки… и румынские изделия тоже должны были просто растоптать бедного Беркли. :slight_smile: И ссылки на форумы тоже были. И тесты с фубарами… и WOW…

Пока приблизился ближе всего “полный Сотм”. Все остальные на достаточном расстоянии.

Но это же спорт “порвать Валхаллу” … :slight_smile: Беркли создали что-то очень грамотно сбалансированное и при должном подходе крайне трудно достижимое за 400 баксов. Там есть свои ноу-хау , которые в шензене еще не раскопали.

Просто речь о том, что результат сравнения сильно зависит от условий и источника. И таки-да, по мне сама идея конвертора (от отрыве от реализации) не есть гут.

Чо то я не догоняю для чего этот “поющий хер” нужен??

2 лайка

Легион этих конвертеров из Китая, на head-fi уже больше года сравнивают и твикают, и каждый раз “вау-вау”: “заменил кондеры в питании - сразу пелена спала!” и прочие восторги по любому изменению. Особенно отличается товарищ rb2013. Следил за всем этим со времен темы о “великом” первопроходце Густарде Ю12, потом утомило.
Теперь вот очередной идол возник.

7 лайков

Тут просто новый Чип от хмос, который вроде как в пару раз быстрей прошлого! Мне конвертер уже едет с Али экспресс.

4 лайка

Интересно столкнуть его с upTone Regen, о котором ходят лестные отзывы на буржуйских сайтах, что за 200$ он вполне неплох и конкурентоспособен в сравнении с 400$-м Intona USB Isolator (что с гальванической развязкой).
Или Singxer якобы вообще на другом уровне? :grimacing:

Обновил первый пост, По железу вещь достойная. С часами Crystek.
Ну по цене в 3-4 раза дешевле Berkley. Я Berkley пора запинать на свалку истории.

По I2S можно соединять с HOLO Spring, говорят, это дает неиллюзорный рывок в качестве.

1 лайк

За счет I2S или волшебных особенностей HOLO?

Я просто сейчас мучаю I2S и неиллюзорных рывков не наблюдаю.

3 лайка

Кто знает, кто знает. Но наклевывается очередной баргин, бояре.

Не надо на порядок лучше Беркли, сделайте хотя бы так же за эти деньги.

5 лайков

У меня ощущение, что тут нетипичная китайская обманка в духе AudioGD.
Так думаю. Буду рад не ошибиться.

SU-1 long-time research and development for nearly a year, which has gone through many twists and turns and variables.
SU-1 is the first machine we have developed equipment that is positioned in the high-end interface, is used mainly in the following three main technologies:
1, full isolation technology (ground isolation), the use of 150Mbps full-chip isolation, interference can be completely isolated from the PC;
2, source synchronous shaping technology and CPLD technology, I2S signal isolation after the re-shaping; thus eliminating the isolation chip to bring added jitter;
3, the independent development of the system clock, using CRYSTEK high-performance oscillator, low phase noise and low jitter.

Отправить что ли Bolero в тур?

Скоро, чувствую, все будут отмахиваться уже. Bricasti M1 в туре? Да ну, не буду участвовать.
Новый Linn Klimax DS в туре — ну его нафиг, скучно.

1 лайк

С другой стороны, да. Толку от этого Bolero, он ведь не выпускается и сделан в единственном экземпляре.

Кишочки для экспертов.

1 лайк