Holo Audio, кроме ЦАПов, новый китайский прорыв или...

Друзья,всем привет. Подскажите, данный аппарат уже поехал в тур? Есть ли уже обзоры от первых тестеров? Спасибо

1 лайк

Тур уже идёт - Holo Audio Red 🟥 стример/DDC - красно-малиновый хайп — ТУР ИДЕТ. Первые обзоры (помимо внетурового от Евгения @Jonh-1) уже появились, в том числе сравнение с Aurender N100H от Дениса @Denis_Samylkin с подключением по i2s к ЦАПу.

1 лайк

Да походу они что-то знают о будущем курсе)

5 лайков
4 лайка

Он слепой?

Да. В случае с аудио это может быть даже преимуществом. Он слышит лучше нас (зрячих). Легче улавливает различия и нюансы.

3 лайка

Друзья, почитав тему верно ли я понял, что ещё ни одного Блисса по Москве не гуляет? Уж очень хотелось бы записать обзор)

2 лайка

Может и есть уже, но шифруются… Или владельцы не из бара :thinking:

Было бы неплохо разобраться, как у Блисс происходит нарастание гейна. Т.е. аппарат до какого-то положения громкости работает без гейна, выдавая макс выходные характеристики. И если слушатель крутит ручку дальше, то аппарат наращивает громкость только гейном? Кто в курсе подскажите.

p.s.
Если гейн включается в регулировку громкости раньше, то на мой взгляд, это не оч. хорошо. В звуке будет больше грязи…фона…меньше эмоциональности.

А, что на этот счет Патефон говорит. У них были заказы на аппарат? (Я так понимаю, у вас с ними дружеский контакт налажен).

в патефон они ещё не доехали

По ним вообще жуткий хайп. Они еще не доехали, но уже все раскуплены :melting_face:

спешка ни к чему

Ну вот вы сами на свой вопрос и ответили)
Они сказали, что обязательно один для себя откроют, но когда приедет партия, которую не раскупят по предзаказа полностью - неизвестно, а обзор хотелось бы сделать одним из первых.
Может я вообще захочу себе его и сам заказать

Интересный отзыв на связку Holo Audio May KTE + Holo Audio Serene KTE

image (1)

I think it is important to know about my listening space to place things in perspective. I am fortunate to not only have a dedicated room, but also one designed and built just for listening to two channel music. Over the years it has been fine tuned through the use of acoustic treatments, speaker positioning, crossover settings and maximizing the listener room speaker interface to yield an ideal soundstage and frequency response ± 2.5 - 3dB below 200 Hz.

I do not use a house curve and find that a near flat response to sound the most natural with acoustic music. Although I listen to different types of music I believe that natural acoustic music to be the best guide in setting up a system.

When asked what is it that I value most in an audio presentation my answer is easy. I value everything and I want it all. But, if I had to pick one thing it would be that virtual soundstage the system creates. Instruments and voices should be true to scale within that illusion. There needs to be a total envelopment of the listener by the music where the speakers completely disappear. At no time should I be aware that I am listening to speakers at all. As large and imposing as my speakers look, they are not present when the music begins.

The May DAC arrived by UPS and I could go on with how well built this thing is, but until you have the chance to handle one yourself, you will still not truly understand. The Serene preamp was late and did not come in until the next day so I needed to run the May through a balanced in on my old SOtM DAC.

At first listen it sounded good, but not great, at least not to what I was lead to understand by the reviews. However, I had made a rookie mistake. I had bought the May used and so I knew it to be fully burned in and thought that leaving it in standby would be enough to get it warmed up, but I was wrong. I guess being a ladder DAC it takes a while for all those resistors to come up to the right temperature. After about 30 - 45 minutes my whole world began to change and change quickly.

I would not say that the tonal character was analytical, nor overly warm and smooth either. All I can think of to say is that it just simply sounded right. It sounded real. Speakers that had always done a disappearing act now really disappeared. Instruments and voices now had a more precise location within the soundstage with details previously missed with the SOtM. The air and illusion of space in width and depth had increased. The old analogy of now looking through a nice clean window opposed to one with a few streaks on it applies. I was brought closer to the music than I had ever been. I don’t know what else to say really. I mean how does one describe the sound of a live stand-up bass being played in front of you? It just simply is.

I spent many hours that day listening to a wide variety of music that I knew well. I was truly amazed at what I was hearing, because I had already been very pleased with how the system had sounded before with digital. I thought in some circumstances and recordings it even came very close to some of my master tape copies. I was expecting a nice change, but not to this extent. The Serene preamp was due to come in the following day. I knew it would go well with the May DAC, but what about my analog sources, LP and Tape?

The Serene showed up early the next morning by FedEx. This unit is built like a tank as well. I connected it to my system and took it out of stand-by. This time having learned my lesson, I allowed it to properly warm up for about 45 minutes. I also purchased this unit second hand and so it was fully burned in. I listened to the May first and what I heard were all the fine attributes I and other reviewers had described. The difference was that I heard more of them. For the speakers that had always disappeared, now they really, really disappeared. Forgive me here, but I need to paraphrase what another reviewer mentioned on YouTube. If before was like viewing the music through a clean window, with the Serene there is no window glass there at all. You now have a direct connection to what you are listening to.

I was very pleased to find that it was the same experience with LPs and Tape. There was a much clearer presentation with more detail being allowed through. There was also a small improvement in the bass from all three sources. It must be that with more detail present the bass was being better defined. I really don’t know. It is interesting to note that both the May Dac and Serene Preamp not only measure well, according to those that did measure them, but extremely well to the point that they may be among the best so far, if not the best. These units are direct marketed from China which allows their cost to be low.

At $5600 the May Dac is not exactly chump change, but it also is not 10 - 20K either. I have not heard a DCS or MSB DAC in my system, although I have heard them at other locations. I am comfortable believing that this Holo Audio May KTE can play in their league. I am not sure how to place the Serene since I have never experienced a Preamp quite like it before. I would be comfortable placing it head to head against the best out there and see what happens. At this level the lines are thin. What I can say for certain is that I am very pleased with my gamble on Holo Audio.

9 лайков

Ещё один любопытный отзыв на Holo Audio Serene KTE в связке с May KTE

The latest addition to my audio system, the Serene KTE preamp, arrived three days ago and is sitting on my stand, next to the May KTE that arrived four months earlier. The Holo stack sounds so good that I felt compelled to write the following non-technical review of my entire system: please excuse the long writing that follows…

Four months ago, I decided to upgrade the DAC, Amp, and possibly Preamp in my main system. I was satisfied with its sound but I got the urge to upgrade and well, you know the rest….

My main system consisted of the Revel Salon2 loudspeakers, Balanced Audio Technology 52se preamp with pre-1986 6H30DR tubes, a BAT 600SE amp, a Marantz NA-11S1 streamer/DAC, and a Denon DP-59L turntable w/ Hana MC HL cartridge. My “audio goal” was to build a cost-effective system with sound comparable to the “A+ reference” systems I’ve auditioned, without spending an amount that makes my eyes water.

A close audiophile friend is building a new system around the same parameters, and we’ve auditioned equipment together over the past 15 years. We’ve been audiophiles for over 35 years and have similar tastes in music. My friend ranks the sound of my system as a strong B, compared to the “A+ reference” systems we agree were the best we’ve heard together.

As good as it sounds, I felt the Marantz streamer (former Stereophile Class A) was holding my system back, and I always felt the 86db Salon2 could use more power, so I decided to change my DAC and amp in my main system. I was satisfied with the BAT 52se preamp and didn’t think I would change it, and the Revel Salon2 loudspeaker will never leave my house.

I auditioned and settled on the Chord Dave and M Scaler combo. Prior to pulling the trigger, I learned about the Holo May, read all the glowing reviews, and decided to give it a try. Since we can’t audition Holo Audio products at a store, my rationale was if it didn’t sound good in my system, I’d sell it and then purchase the more expensive Dave/M-Scaler combo.

The Holo May DAC arrived in June and, after 500 hours of burn-in, the improvement in sound over the NA-11S1 was so vast it was astounding. To me, it equaled the Dave/M-Scaler combo at a much lower price. The May sounds sublime and makes all of my music, including MP3 and Flac files, sound incredible. My friend feels the May DAC elevated my system to B+/A- status, or a notch or two below the previously mentioned “A+ reference” systems.

I love the way the May makes non-DSD and non-SACD files sound. The music has more detail, better definition in the bass, more treble extension, and the midrange has a liquid, tube-like sound, compared to the Marantz NA-11S1, which has a warmer sound overall. The May sound is quick when called upon, musical and powerful. I do remember the soundstage was slightly compressed during the first day of burn-in, but by day two, it was all together. The sound now is just perfect top to bottom. It’s simply incredible. To me, the May R2R DAC in NOS mode sounds incredible with non-DSD and non-SACD files. The sound is beautiful with all file formats, not just SACD or DSD. I love the May KTE DAC!

On to my amplification….

I loved and lived with my BAT stack for over a decade. 8 years ago I purchased a house with an 800 sq ft listening room that was 2x larger than my previous listening room. I realized that in my new listening room, the BAT combo sounds a shade or two on the “dark” side of neutral, and wasn’t filling the room as I wanted. I decided to change out the amp to get more power to the Salon2s, and hopefully, get closer to neutral. I replaced the BAT 600se amp with two Bryston 28B3 mono amps and my Salon2 loudspeakers began to sing! With that change, I was a happy camper and didn’t feel the need to further upgrade my system. According to my friend, the Bryston 28B3 elevated the system to a solid A – compared to “the reference” systems we auditioned. The 28B3 is one kick-ass amp and a perfect match for the Salon2 loudspeakers. Kudos to the Bryston team, and thanks to James Tanner for his help on this purchase.

Regarding my preamp:

As I mentioned above, I was happy with the BAT 52se preamp – it sounded great, didn’t suffer major treble rolled-off or was overly-sweet sounding. I ranked it several steps above the VK-5i I previously owned, but after the Bryston 28B3 purchase, I wondered what today’s top reference units might sound like in my system. Also, the impedance matching between the BAT pre and the Bryston amp left a little bit of bass on the table, so I auditioned the Pass Labs XP22, XP32, and the MBL N11. Each of these units, to my ears and in my system, just sounded slightly “better” than the 52se in a few areas, but I didn’t think the improvements were large enough to warrant the large price difference, so I happily kept the 52se in my system.

Then, I viewed all the glowing reviews of the Holo Serene a few months ago….

Let’s skip forward to last night: My audiophile friend stopped by to borrow a Krell amp I retired to my 3rd system. When I told him the Holo Serene preamp arrived two days ago and was 48 hours into the burn-in phase, he asked to listen to a few tracks… and ended up leaving 3 hours later.

My friend believes the Serene dethrones my BAT 52se tube pre, even at 48 hours. He believes my system NOW sounds better than any other system he’s ever heard, including the systems he’s auditioned at our local audio stores and those audio show hotel rooms (we all know can’t showcase the equipment at its best).

He was on his 2nd glass of Bombay Sapphire when he made these comments, but I‘ve never seen him so engaged or heard the number of compliments he shared last night (Charlie Mingus’ “Ysabel’s Table Dance” really brought down the house for him).

My take: I love the way the Serene sounds at this point! I agree with the “streaky clean window” and “sledgehammer smashed window” analogies New Record Day shared in his review. As a tube preamp user, I was afraid the Serene might sound a little bright on the top but it doesn’t. Also, the instruments within the sound stage are fuller than what I hear on the 52se, which shows each instrument as thinner variations as if it has more “air” or “space” around each instrument if this makes sense…. Neither is wrong or bad, but they are different. I prefer the fuller sound I get from the Serene. It fills in the space between my speakers more to my liking. As good as the Serene sounds at 48 hours, I expect the soundstage will just improve as the break-in period continues.

The Serene is quieter than the 52se (expected) but I’m very impressed at how quiet the 52se tubed preamp is – it really is a great preamp, and its low 3-ohm impedance offers the best bass I’ve heard to the Bryston (though I’m sure Bryston’s own preamps would the perfect match here).

Individually, the Holo May KTE DAC and the Serene KTE Preamp are superb. Together, this Holo Audio KTE stack is kick-ass and sounds so beautiful and good to my ears. I’ve finally put together my perfect cost-effective “A+ Reference” system, one in which the lovely sound makes my eyes water – not the cost.

Kudos to Jeff Zhu and the Holo Audio team, and a special thanks to Tim Conner for all your help!

Oh, for those of you who might find the Holo stack in your system, talk to Tim about acquiring the new RMT3 remote control that controls the DAC and Preamp. At this time, the unit can be obtained for free if you purchase a Holo stack, but I don’t know how long this will last. The RMT3 remote is slightly taller than the RMT1 and RMT2 but contains all of the buttons you need (9 total) to control both units. I received mine yesterday via separate shipping.

3 лайка

Долгожданный обзор от GoldenSound

3 лайка

Теоретический опыт он такой. Может куда угодно привести

1 лайк

Странно слышать о детализации на уровне феррума… это совсем не топовый уровень

С ним вообще сплошные странности начались после того как он связался с headphones.com, раньше он был в первую очередь интересен своим глубоким пониманием темы (чего только стоят некоторые его посты на Head-Fi), независимостью в отличии от большинства обзорщиков, которые “продают” присланное на обзор, да и в целом не скрывают этого. И хорошей подачей материала, плюс у него очень классный английский. НО…

Странно, что обзора Holo Bliss мы ждали пол года, пол года КАРЛ! На ЭТО? Пол года на хайповый усилитель по которому на Head-Fi народ накатал уже под 150 страниц восторга во всех возможных проявлениях?

Странно, что именно перед релизом Holo Bliss, человек который очень сильно уважает продукцию Holo Audio, ищет усилитель способный прокачать HIFIMAN Susvara (на которых выслушивался Bliss, о чём Голден знал) и другие тяжёлые наушники внезапно покупает Zahl HM1 который “всего-то” на ~4500-5000$ дороже.

Странно, что половину обзора мы слышим о том какой же Bliss большой. Серьёзно? Размеры стандартного для Holo Audio корпуса стоят такого количества упоминаний? (На минуточку у него самого стоят Holo May и Holo Serene и их размеры ему прекрасно известны).

Странно, что в обзоре на Holo Bliss “жалкие” 5-6 упоминаний Ферума. И через весь обзор красной нитью проводится мысль, что они ну вот почти равны, за сопоставимую цену. Конечно Bliss лучше и себе он бы взял его, но (Внимание!) если не брать внешний БП к Феруму, которой даёт не так и много (Серьёзно?), то цена вообще огонь. :man_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

То что, продукция Holo Audio не представлена в магазине headphones.com, а Ferrum есть - это чистой воды совпадение. И да, то что он выпустил две недели назад обзор на далеко не самый свежий усилитель Ferrum OOR, перед обзором Bliss - это тоже совпадение.

После того, как он получил cтример Holo Red и долгое время не выпускал на него обзор (кстати говоря до сих пор не выпустил, хотя получил его вместе с Bliss), а потом внезапно выпустил обзор на iFi Zen Stream (да-да, совершенно случайно он продаётся headphones.com, а Red конечно же - нет), у меня появились к Голдену вопросы.

Теперь вопросов больше нет. Лично по моему мнению: независимость - ушла, а вместе с ней и желание смотреть его обзоры. Жаль, крутой был обзорщик.

12 лайков